Pages

Tuesday 9 January 2018

Day 5: Maintaining the Status Quo (The 1990’s) Activity 1: Hiking Tongariro

Day 5: Maintaining the Status Quo (The 1990’s)

Activity 1: Hiking Tongariro
tongariro.jpg
In 1990, one of the largest national parks in New Zealand, Tongariro, was listed as a World Heritage Site. It is a truly spectacular place to visit! Thousands of people go to Tongariro every year and hike the Tongariro Crossing. Visit the Tongariro website to learn more about the one-day hike.

On your blog tell us what you would need to pack if you were going to hike the Tongariro Crossing. What should you bring with you? Write a list of at least 5 items.

Other than making sure that you have the right equipment, what else should you do before heading out on a big hike? Click here to learn how to stay safe while you’re hiking.

Before I would head out hiking I would make sure that I've gone toilet.
Five things I would pack for my hike:
  • A safety kit
  • Lots and lots of water
  • Rain coats
  • Spare socks (In case they get wet)
  • Spare change of clothes.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    I like your answers because most of them are exactly what you have to use.
    Great work
    Jerome;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Annalisa , I'm LJ from Tamaki Primary School . Nice to see that you've gotten quite far on the Summer Learning Journey And I would just love to say good luck on finishing the journey .I hope your having fun . Just one more week left for you . Anyways , I like your blog post because what you need is really important . Good Idea going to the toilet before going because you do not want to be holding it in for the whole trip . Anyways,keep the good work going !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey L.J.

      Well done for such an encouraging comment on Annalisa's blog post. However, in order to receive 2 extra bonus points, can you suggest anything Annalisa could try to improve her future posts?
      If you can do this, I'll be sure to reward you 2 extra bonus points!
      I'll keep an eye on this post :)

      Cheers,

      Jordan.

      Delete
  3. Kia Ora Annalisa,

    Thanks for completing yet another activity! Your mention of going to the toilet before you left made me laugh. I'm curious to know where you think we used to go to the toilet before we had facilities?
    Your list is very mature; First Aid kits are so important to take on big journey. You never know what might happen. Good work for making sure you'll take plenty of water, but what about food?

    What sort of food would you take on your hike?

    Keep up the great work!

    Cheers,

    Jordan.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.