Pages

Monday 15 January 2018

Activity 2: Migration

Activity 2: Migration

Over the past few decades, there has been a huge rise in the number of people coming to New Zealand to live and/or travel. I was one of those people! In fact, I moved with my family to New Zealand in 2010 and I am so glad that I did. It’s a pretty amazing place to call home! At the moment I live about 10 minutes from three stunning beaches and a beautiful national park.

Speaking of home, where do you live? On your blog, please post a picture of your hometown and provide a list of three things that tourists, like us, could do if we came to visit. What do you like most about your hometown? (Remember the guidelines for being Cybersmart, and never post your address online).

I was raised in East Auckland. I live near local shops/shopping center. I also live about 3 minutes away from a beach. There are a variety of places tourists can go to visit that has a beautiful outlook. My favourite is the Sky city/Sky tower. It is my favourite because at the top of the sky tower there is a kind of platform that you can walk on, but its made out of glass (I'll put a photo at the bottom) My favourite beach in particular is Mission Bay. I like this beach more then other beaches I've gone to because it has a fountain (I'll put a photo at the bottom) that I like to swim and play in every time I go to Mission bay. Another place I think tourists would love to go is 'My Bakery'. I recommend people who visit Auckland to go to my Bakery because the food they make is very pleasing.
(Glen Innes)
Image result for GLen Innes auckland
(Mission bay)
Image result for mission bay fountain
(Sky tower)
Image result for sky tower glass
(My bakery. East Auckland - Glen Innes)
Image result for my bakery glen innes

1 comment:

  1. Hey again Annalisa, I've really enjoyed reading your post. I love how you've included lots of photos with captions to match. It must be nice having a beach so close to your house. What is it like? Is it a nice beach?

    That bakery looks like it has some yummy treats. What's your favourite thing to get from this bakery?

    I've been up the Sky Tower plenty of times. I used to be so scared of the glass bottom floor. My older brother would always jump on it. A few years ago I was with my uncle and we went on this special 'sky walk'. It was where they put you in harnesses and walk you around on the outside of the sky tower. It's pretty scary, especially when it's windy.

    Thank you Annalisa,
    Billy

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.