Pages

Monday 15 January 2018

Day 1: Turn of the Century (2000-2010) Activity 1: Celebrating a Win

Day 1: Turn of the Century (2000-2010)

Activity 1:  Celebrating a Win

In 2000, the country of New Zealand celebrated when Russell Coutts and his sailing team won their second straight America’s Cup. This was the first time that a team from New Zealand had won back-to-back championships! Many people celebrated the victory with their friends and family.

On your blog, tell us what you and your family do to celebrate special events, such as birthdays. Do you have a special meal or go to a specific place? In our house, we usually make a pizza and bake a special cake. What about you?


When we celebrate special events, we always have a bbq and go to the beach with my whole family. Then we eat together and play games and go for a swim. We don't usually spend time together as a family so I wouldn't know what we would do together. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Annalisa,

    Thanks again for completing another activity; you've done really well this summer!
    I see that the beach and barbecue combo have made another appearance :) I like how you all go to the beach and spend time together.
    I also appreciate how you all play games together— for a family that doesn't spend much time together it sure sounds as though you know how to have a good time when you do have the time to spend with one another.

    My family and I normally spend time together around a dinner table. I find it really lovely and a great way to have lengthy conversations. I spent a lot of time recently with my Aunty; she was teaching me how to weave harakeke.

    What cool thing have you learnt from a relative?

    Keep up the great mahi.

    Cheers,

    Jordan.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.