Pages

Monday 8 January 2018

Activity 2: What’s in a Name?

Activity 2: What’s in a Name?
During the 1950s the population of New Zealand grew by 400,000 people. That is huge! In fact, so many people were having babies that many people refer to this period in our history as the ‘baby boom.’ Popular baby names in 1950s New Zealand were:

GIRLS BOYS
Christine John
Susan David
Margaret Peter
Judith Michael
Jennifer Robert

Read through the lists. Are these popular names in your school? On your blog, tell us which names are currently popular in your school. Please provide, at least, three girls’ names and three boys’ names that are popular.

When I was going to school, the name ‘Jennifer’ was the most popular girl’s name and the name ‘Matthew’ was the most popular boy’s name.

I think each and every boy and girl who attends my school has a beautiful and unique name. But I think that these names are popular at my school.

Girls: Courtney, Caroline, Malia.
Boys: Joseph, Stanley, Ewan.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Annalisa,

    Thanks for telling us what the three most popular boy and girl's names are at your school.
    I like how you've mentioned that everyone at your school has beautiful and unique names— how lovely of you!
    I really enjoy the name Malia.

    When I was growing up, my name was actually the most popular at my Primary School. We had three of us, however two were boys. I'm often mistaken for a boy online, as my name is androgynous.

    What kind of names do you like?

    Cheers,

    Jordan.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.