Pages

Thursday 4 January 2018

Day 3: The Great Depression (The 1930s)

Day 3: The Great Depression (The 1930s)

Unfortunately, the wealth and success of the 1920s did not continue into the 1930s. Instead, the stock market in America crashed on Tuesday 29 October 1929. When this happened, people lost a lot of money and much of the world sunk into a deep, financial depression. The 1930s is often referred to as the ‘Great Depression.’


Activity 1: Dealing with Stress
In New Zealand, many people lost their jobs during this decade. Experts predict that as much as 30% of the population was unemployed. It was a very stressful time for families.

Sadly, many of us still experience stress in our lives to this day. When I feel stressed I try to go for a walk or pop into my local gym for a quick workout. Exercise makes me feel better. What about you?

On your blog, please tell us what you do when you want to relax or de-stress. Do you read a favourite book, watch a favourite television show or talk to someone special?  What are your tips for dealing with stress?

When i'm feeling down or sad or stressed I talk to my friends. They make me laugh and smile. Or if im not around them I put my earphones in and listen to music. They things just calm me and make me happy.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Annalisa, thank you for sharing some useful tips for dealing with or relieving stress. They're really practical and simple ideas that anyone would be able to try for themselves. I also really like talking to my family or friends when I am feeling stressed. They help you to make things seem like not such a big deal. I listen to music everyday, it keeps me happy and entertained. I also like to get out of the house, go for a run, get some fresh air, read a book, or watch a movie. There a lots of great ideas for relieving stress.

    What sort of things make you stressed Annalisa?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa,
    You've got some useful tips that I've used and it worked. When I was at the camp one of these kids were talking smak so I was gonna hook him in the head, then I just went to my area and just stared drawing, then it was algood.

    Good work
    Jerome;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.