Pages

Monday 15 January 2018

Day 3: Social Systems Activity 1: Mixed-Member Proportional (MMP)

Day 3: Social Systems

Activity 1: Mixed-Member Proportional (MMP)

In 1996, New Zealand adopted the MMP voting system. In September of 2017 we had a national election. Everyone in New Zealand, over the age of 18, was invited to vote for who they wanted to form the next government in New Zealand. The race was really close and in the end, three different political parties (Labour, New Zealand First and the Green Party), came together to form the new government. It is called a ‘coalition government’ because it includes different people from different political parties.

Imagine that you had to form a coalition government with two other people.  Who would you choose to partner with?

I would form a coalition with my son, Aronui, and with my friend, Amber. Aronui would be a great addition to the coalition because he is funny and kind. He would make us laugh and take care of us. Amber would be great because she is really smart and thoughtful. She is also good at making decisions. I think that we would form a great team. What about you? Who would you choose? Why?

If I had to form a coalition with anyone I know I would for it with my mum, Tracey, and my best friend Save'u. I would choose my mum because she is very supportive of what I do and she helps me achieve the best I can. I would choose Veu because she is funny and supportive in in everything I do too.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Annalisa, I liked reading about who you would form a coalition with. I think you've made an excellent decision. I am sure your mum would be very supportive of you, and from checking out Save'u's blog, I can tell that it is also a great decision joining with her. She seems like a hard working person. Her blog posts are always high quality.

    What might happen if the three of you disagreed on something? How would you resolve the situation?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.