Pages

Wednesday 27 December 2017

Activity 2: Setting Sail

Activity 2: Setting Sail

The first settlers to come to New Zealand must have been really brave! They had to leave their original homes and sail thousands of miles across the ocean on a special boat called a ‘waka’ to reach New Zealand.

Imagine that you were on board one of the wakas. On your blog, write a short letter to a friend telling them about your voyage to New Zealand. In the letter be sure to tell them how you feel about moving to a new country. If it was me, I would have felt really nervous…

My letter to my friends:
Hi guys, I know you guys miss me. But don't worry, i'll be back as soon as you say "Get out". The first day I was voyaging I was so nervous I started sweating and looked like a burnt potato. I feel really lonely without yous annoying me all the time. Im missing yous like crazy. I made new friends with a family of fishes. I love and miss yous.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Annalisa, thanks for completing another activity. I've really enjoyed reading your letter you have written home pretending to be one of the first travellers to New Zealand. I like the humour you have started the letter with and then you go on to talk about your emotions that you felt during the trip. It's very funny how you made friends with a family of fish. I hope you didn't have to eat your new friends!

    What do you think you did as soon as you arrived in New Zealand?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.