Pages

Wednesday 27 December 2017

Activity 2: The Rules of Engagement


Activity 2: The Rules of Engagement
During the early years in New Zealand, men and women would often marry at a young age. Women were expected to have babies and remain in the home caring for their children. Few, if any, left home in search of work. Men, on the other hand, were expected to work outside of the home.

These days, we don’t have the same strict expectations about work. Girls and boys can choose their own path in life. In fact, I was lucky enough to go to university and to follow my dream of becoming a teacher!

What is your dream job? Draw a picture of yourself doing your dream job and post it on your blog. You could be a doctor, an actor or even a zookeeper! I have drawn myself taking a picture of a beautiful castle in Poland because I would love to become a travel blogger and photographer one day.



2 comments:

  1. Hello Annalisa,

    It's great to see that you have decided to join in on the summer activities, your job options sound very great and I like them because I bet they would benefit a lot of people and not just yourself.

    What job do you think you would pick if you had to pick one over the other?

    Keep up the fabulous work!

    Katelyn : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annalisa,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you this summer as part of the Summer Learning Journey. It's great to see that you've been working on these activities! Keep up the good work :)

    Great picture! Those are two very different jobs! My dream job is to be a teacher as well. You would never have a boring day, that's for sure. What are some things you could do now to prepare for these jobs?

    What or who has inspired you to have one of these jobs? I was inspired by my Mum who was also a teacher.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.