Pages

Monday 27 August 2018

100 words challenge


It was a terrible day. The sun wasn’t bright yellow and the white fluffy clouds were nowhere to be seen. It was dark and the only light that I saw was coming from the old small television we had in the lounge. It was cold as ice in my house, no matter how many warm, cotton stuffed clothes I wore. My mother was gone to work and my father was gone to pick up my little brother from school. I was home alone and I decided to lock all the rusty old doors and windows and turn all the lights off. I figured that if I went for a steaming hot bath it would warm me up. But then I remembered that our hot water had ran out because of all the hot showers we’ve been having since this whole week has been as cold as ice. I went up to my room and figured that if I was in bed with a heap of blankets on it would help. That’s when I remembered that all of our blankets we’re covered in dirt from when mum had dropped them outside. I wanted to cook me nice and hot to eat but that didn’t go to plan. The stove stopped working the night before and since then we’ve been having take outs. I didn’t want to ring up mum and dad and tell them to buy something because I knew they would have been busy with other things. I waited for nearly an hour and a half until mum, dad and my little brother to come home. I looked at the cold and moldy clock that was at the end of the hallway and the big hand had just landed on the 12.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Annalisa! Im Ella from Grey Main School T3. I cant really read your writing! Maybe next time you could make it so that it is all on the page! Does this piece of writing have exactly 100 words in it?
    Na Ella

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.